I have been pondering a lot lately... and have felt almost as if I could not focus on much of anything. I could go on about making excuses and saying it's because I've been busy or I've even had some majorly tragic things happen in my life recently.
Here is what I will tell you and this is the lesson and it's the hardest easy thing we will ever do in our lives. It's what is said in the quotes below and it's what is said in almost every wisdom teaching I've ever read...
A. We can't have happiness without sadness (we try to avoid it we try to brush it under the rug... the truth is if we just face the facts that tragic things make our mind be sad and even get us off balance at times)
B. We have to get out of balance and make mistakes in order to gain wisdom.
C. Be at peace with every circumstance in your life no matter how tragic or how happy.
There is none of us that is on this planet that escapes our emotions and none of us can run from what is right in front of us...we can try and what will happen is the world always finds a way to come back to us with the same lessons over and over again until we are willing to look at them
Ponder the quotes form Aristotle below and see how they make you feel..what do they do for you? do they inspire you? move you? make you emotional? do they bring up things in you that make you want to think?
It's time to reflect...
Much love to all of you.
1. Happiness depends upon ourselves.
2. The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.
3. Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
4. It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
5. It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
6. There is no great genius without some touch of madness.
7. The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival.
8. In a democracy the poor will have more power than the rich, because there are more of them, and the will of the majority is supreme.
9. Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity.
10. Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.