There is literally tons of tons of information out there from history philosophers of old and new... One can truly change their lives into peaceful ones if they just make their own inner salvation their priority. We are all looking for something and most of us feel it's for love outside of ourselves. It's not.. Everything we need is right inside of us.. we learn to master the inner world and then all things will fall into place. I look at many quotes all the time and just ponder them.. think about them.. Consider what the author/philosopher thought as they said these things.. I ponder how they came to these wisdom's... This is a great way to grow.
- We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
- Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.
- You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
- The beginning is the most important part of the work.
- Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
- Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
- A good decision is based on knowledge and not on number
- To love rightly is to love what is orderly and beautiful in an educated and disciplined way.
- The first and greatest victory is to conquer yourself; to be conquered by yourself is of all things most shameful and vile.
- All the gold which is under or upon the earth is not enough to give in exchange for virtue.