A friend of mine asked me today how did you find peace Jeremy? I had to ponder this one for a minute because even though I've wrote a whole book about how I have found Peace in my life.. I still had to stop and ponder and ask myself these questions?
1. Have I really found Peace in my life?
2. If I have... how did I do that?
The answer to these 2 questions are actually very simple. I have found peace in my life because I've realized that I do not really know anything? Like Socrates.. I've realized that the only thing I truly know is that I know nothing at all.. and with this being said I am in constant state of learning and growing... to tell you the truth I never truly want to be the total expert on everything. Even the great masters and sages they understood this and knew very well that after you have mastered one stage of life then you have another level or stage to master... so the answer to this question is I have found peace in the knowing that I will be effectively learning for all the time my soul is in existence which is forever.. I am okay with the fact that I have opportunities to learn more about myself and understand how that relates to the whole of Oneness.
This is why I pull up Buddha quotes and many other wise masters so that I can read from their wisdom and process it for myself.
I hope you enjoy.
Love you All,
2. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
3. The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.
4. You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
5. Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
6. No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
7. Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
8. The mind is everything. What you think you become.
9. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
10 . There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
11. Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.
12. Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
13. We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
14. Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
15. It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.